V-Drums Quality for Practice, Learning, and Fun
Roland’s V-Drums are the world’s most popular electronic drums for one reason: they’re the best. Blending superior sound, authentic feel, and rugged durability, each kit in the V-Drums lineup performs at the highest level, a testament to more than three decades of developing electronic drums. The compact TD-1KV is no exception, delivering respected V-Drums quality in a space-saving kit that keeps up with you as your playing evolves.
Ideal for everyone that wants to enjoy drums at home, the TD-1KV offers a wide selection of expressive drum kits for playing any musical style, plus fun onboard training and recording functions for building your skills and checking your progress. And as a Roland TD-1KV owner, you’re not just starting an exciting musical journey—you’re also joining the V-Drums family, a group of discerning players that includes the world’s finest drummers and percussionists.
- Acclaimed V-Drums sound and performance in an entry-level set
- Enjoy drumming in any musical style with 15 expressive drum kits
- Mesh-head PDX-8 V-Pad provides realistic snare drum feel with head/rim triggering
- Supports essential acoustic drum techniques, including cymbal choke, advanced hi-hat playing, and more
- Build playing skills with the onboard Coach function, metronome, and recorder
- Practice along with onboard audio songs or your own tracks played from a smartphone or music player connected to the Mix In jack
- Beater-less kick pedal provides low noise for playing without disturbing others, ideal for practicing at home
- Space-saving, ergonomic design and stylish looks to suit any room in your home
- Sturdy drum rack with quick and easy height adjustment for every drummer, from kids to adults
- Many upgrade options for enhanced performance, including OP-TD1C for an additional crash cymbal, KT-10 or KD-9 for kick, and more
- USB-MIDI for using the TD-1KV with the DT-1 Drum Tutor, V-Drums Friend Jam series, and other popular computer music software
- Intuitive user interface for easy operation
15 Drum Kits For Playing Any Style Of Music
An acoustic drum kit needs to be set up to play a specific style of music, so you’re stuck with one type of sound. But that’s not the case with the TD-1KV—it includes 15 quality drum kits on board, so you can play any kind of music you want at the touch of a button, from rock and blues to jazz, world music, EDM, and beyond. At one practice session, you can rock hard with a heavy bottom-end sound, then instantly change kits to recreate the sound of your favorite band. Every kit reacts just like the acoustic and electronic kits they emulate, giving you a huge range of variety in one compact, standalone instrument.
Develop Authentic Techniques With
Responsive Pads And Cymbals
Some drummers avoid electronic drums; worried they won’t play like their acoustic counterparts. There’s no need for concern with the Roland TD-1KV—it fully supports essential acoustic playing techniques, which is especially important for beginners to learn to play correctly. Every drum sound offers a wide dynamic range and natural tone, and the PDX-8 mesh-head snare provides an authentic feel with independent head and rim triggering. Unlike typical entry-level sets, the TD-1KV’s cymbals include the advanced expressiveness found in all TD-series V-Drums modules, including bow and edge sounds and support for cymbal chokes. The hi-hat reacts to the nuances of your footwork, bringing personality and character to your playing. Great drumming is all about feel, and so is the TD-1KV.
Stay Motivated With Onboard Training
Functions That Make Learning Fun
Built right into the TD-1KV is a wealth of enjoyable functions to encourage learning, no matter whether you’re teaching yourself to play, studying regularly with an instructor, or simply want to keep your skills polished. Think of this kit as your own live-in drum teacher and personal backing band, packed with tutorial features that develop technique, boost motivation, and help you get the most out of practice time. Play along with the onboard metronome to tighten your timing, and use Coach mode to build and maintain speed, stamina, and accuracy. Get ready for your first band by jamming with the internal songs in the sound module, or connect a smartphone or music player via the Mix In jack and drum along with your favorite tunes. With the onboard recording function, you’ll get instant feedback of your progress as well as quickly capture and playback a new fill or creative groove.
Practice At Home With Headphones And
Ultra-Quiet, Beater-Free Kick Drum
Traditional acoustic drums are extremely loud. Playing them at home is fun for you, but can be a problem for everyone else around! Quieter operation is a major benefit of electronic drums, and the Roland TD-1KV is particularly quiet where it counts, thanks to the sound module’s headphone jack and the noise-reducing design of the mesh-head PDX-8 snare and the tom/cymbal pads. While many electronic drum kits annoy the neighbors as the beater strikes the kick drum, the TD-1KV reduces volume with a special beater-less pedal design. Optional NE-10 Noise Eater units can be used under the kick and hi-hat pedals to further reduce noise transfer to other rooms below.