Voted The Best Hardware Synthesiser of the Decade in Future Music Magazine! Total Integration uses innovative technology to greatly expand the VIRUS Synthesiser, resulting in an advanced stage/standalone instrument, while simultaneously extending the product capabilities with a suite of compelling studio integration features.
The new Virus T1 Keyboard includes greatly increased polyphony, 2 new oscillator types, a per-patch programmable arpeggiator, 16×2 delay/reverb fx, embedded singles in multi mode, and much more. The new TI products link to your computer with VIRUSControl™, a companion software product which ports the hardware synth into a host sequencer for use as a sample-accurate VST/AU instrument, simultaneously offering 2-way audio and MIDI connectivity, control surface functionality, editor and librarian functions, and more.
There are not many modern synthesisers which can claim to have shaped the sound of music -- from electronica to soundtrack -- as much as the Virus line of synthesisers has. The Virus is known as much for its flexibility and powerful sound as for Total Integration, Access’ award winning way to interconnect a hardware synthesiser with your DAW.
The first Virus was released in 1997 and each new iteration has added more features more powerful hardware, and greater musical potential. That evolution explains why the Virus TI series is so sought after and why it receives such praise from owners, press, and fans all over the world.
Artists including Depeche Mode, Madonna, Linkin Park and The Prodigy tour with a Virus-based setup. Producers such as Sasha, Pete Tong, Roger Sanchez and Dr. Dre consider the Virus a core part of their studios. Composers such as Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, John Powell and Mark Isham are enthusiastic Virus users, utilising its signature sound for their Hollywood blockbuster soundtracks.
- Dual DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load. (Load depends on which oscillator / filter model has been chosen)
- VirusControl™ VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows XP. The remote seamlessly integrates the Virus TI into your sequencer, making it feel just like a plug-in
- The Virus TI‘s Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface
- The Virus TI is the first hardware synthesiser with sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer
- WaveTable Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds. WaveTable and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed
- HyperSaw™ oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths - each with parallel sub oscillator per voice
- Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots
- 129 parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer
- 2 multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modelled after the MiniMoog™ cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and self-oscillation)
- Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST / AU plug-ins and external synthesisers.
- 6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and switchable soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities
- Tap tempo button. The algorithm is based on Access‘ Sync Xtreme technology
- Knob quantise for creating stepped controller movements. The stepping automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock
- 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from. 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes
- Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable)
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters
- New multi mode with embedded patches
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices
- Premium quality light-weighted keyboard with 61 keys, velocity response and aftertouch. 2 pedal inputs
- Mahogany-style wooden side panels and illuminated Access logo on the back